Application are invited from suitable qualified candidates within KTMB (internal recruitment) to apply and fill the vacancy for the following position.
TECHNICAL SAFETY (CIVIL ENGINEERING WORKS)
(Job Grade J04G06/Kuala Lumpur)
- Ø To assist Senior Management with appropriate safety guidelines and advice when developing proposals for Civil Engineering Works and Rail related Contracts. To assist Senior Management to review proposed method statements and safety Plans during contract project evaluations.
- Ø To plan, conduct safety assessment, inspection and audits accordingly to ensure staff and contractors are performing their task incompliance to all SOP’s/ Manuals in respect of the agreed Method Statement.
- Ø To assist Operational Safety Manager / Senior Manager to further carry out safety audits and inspections at all depots, stations, yards, level crossings, tunnels, bridges and track works to ensure employees safe working condition in compliance to respective Acts and Regulations and to also make necessary reports to DOSH with recommendations to Senior Management.
- Ø To coordinate investigation with SBU’s and related Department Head’s on major and minor accidents and incidents towards ensuring safety of train operations in respect of Appendix to General Manual, Regulation 17.
- Ø To conduct safety training to all department staff, contractors and any relevant parties pertaining to technical safety in safe train operation.
- Ø To conduct periodical audit especially reviewing technical procedures, SOPs and manuals in use and to ensure its accuracy and suitability. To ensure all SOP’s and Manuals are continuously updated and kept current.
- Ø To assist department in developing manual and procedures, guidelines towards ensuring a safe work environment in compliance to the existing Laws and Regulations.
- Ø To maintain records and statistics on root causes of technical failures or related incidents that compromised on safety of KTMB personnel, equipment’s, contractors and train operation.
- Ø To assist the OSH Executive towards conducting Risk Assessment and to recommend appropriate proposal and suggestion to rectify any hazard at work place.
- Ø To assist in conducting trainings on Technical & Safety matters towards creating a knowledgeable work force.
- Ø Minimum 3 years of working experience as Technical Assistant (Civil Engineering)
- Ø A mature individual with good working knowledge and keen interest in the respective subject. Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Ø A self driven person able to work with the different levels of staff and management.
- Ø Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write and present technical reports (in English and Bahasa Malaysia).
Interested applicants are invited to write – in together with detailed resume, contact number and a non-returnable passport size photograph (with latest photo) not later than 14 November 2013 to the following address. (Only shortlisted candidates will be notified).
Talent Management and Organization Development
(Staff Planning Unit)
Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin
50621, Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-22631122 or 03-22631312